Wednesday, November 14, 2012

How to Make this Work For You!

Recently, I was inspired to restart the blog. Since November is "Write a Novel Month," I wanted to do that (maybe I could make a gazillion dollars on Amazon!), but this wasn't meant to be this November. After 15,000 words, I lost steam. Honestly, I don't have the skills right now to write fiction for 40,000-50,000 words. I'm still learning the character development formula, and how to fit the story into a 3-month timeframe. Currently, my sweet spot for a 'write session' is more or less 750 words, which is more appropriate for a blog post. 

Do you care? Probably not about my novel. However, I am taking suggestions for things to write about on this blog. I've come up with some posts that I'd be interested to write about, such as:

  1. Navigating Your Life
  2. Top Performers
  3. Happiness Research (and my addiction to being depressed)
  4. Skin Research
  5. Troubleshooting Insomnia
  6. Falling from the Fail Tree
  7. Expiration Date of Friends
  8. Cutting out the Fat (i.e. useless things)
  9. What I Learned from Not Completing a Novel
  10. Things I'd Like To Do
  11. The Void (of choosing to not have kids)
  12. Learning How to Trust Yourself
  13. Surprising Truths
  14. How Paying Attention Can Be Your Most Important Asset
  15. Ridiculous Desserts
I plan to go through them (and more), but I'm open to suggestions.


2 comments: